Dawkins Development Group Inc. is an established general contracting firm that has a growing clientele, and we have an excellent internship opportunity for an aspiring architect to join our team. The ideal candidate will be sharp, level-headed, driven, detail oriented, and well-rounded individual. The goal is to provide the intern with projects to gain practical experience, and the company with accurate information that will help in operations and strategic planning.
The successful candidate will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in areas of design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural materials and systems. The intern should possess a passion for architecture and design, be willing to take direction from team member, collaborate, lean, and work in a creative environment. Priority will be given to applicants who exhibit exceptional rendering and presentation skills, and those familiar with architectural detailing, fabrication, and multi-trade collaboration.
Dawkins Development Group Inc. is a design/build custom home building and remodeling company that promotes ethical and sound business practices for the benefit of the industry and all our clients we serve.
We at Dawkins Development Group Inc. specialize in new construction, restorations, remodeling, and handyman services focused in commercial and residential projects for private clients and investors. We believe in building smarter and greener, reason we stand behind building healthier homes/businesses and focusing on solar, energy efficient, smart projects as we know technology is taking a turn into our everyday life and future. We will create long-term value for our customers by understanding their goals and delivering comprehensive, innovative solutions that exceed their expectations for quality and performance.
- Assist project teams with conceptual design, construction documents, materials research, code analysis, and preliminary specifications through construction administration.
- Interface/coordinate architecture and engineering disciplines to develop and execute architectural design concepts.
- Prepare and develop elevations, wall sections, and sections details.
- Function as a designer to the extent needed to complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Client interaction and teamwork with other disciplines.
Skills & Qualifications
- Full/Part time intern on path to licensure with 2+ years of architectural design experience.
- Proficiency in any of the following programs: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Revit, Adobe Creative (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), 3D Studio Max, Rhino, or Sketchup.
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and communicate clearly.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English. Spanish is a plus.
- Clear communication and graphic presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Impeccable problem-solving skills.
- Physical Architectural Modeling skills is a plus.
FULL TIME AND PART TIME INTERNSHIP POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Email resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Julian Mesa at email@example.com